1) What are the top 3 most valuable benefits visitors can expect if they plan a visit to the destination and organization you represent?
Historic Grapevine, Texas is a go-to destination when planning a trip to North Texas! Grapevine, nestled between Dallas and Fort Worth, provides visitors a convenient escape from the big city. Step back in time in Historic Downtown Grapevine and visit the shops, wineries, restaurants and artisans. Hop aboard the Grapevine Vintage Railroad or unwind at one of Grapevine’s many winery-tasting rooms. Play 81 holes of golf or take advantage of 8,000-plus acres of recreation on Lake Grapevine. Whether you enjoy indoor or outdoor activities, Grapevine has something for everyone.
2) Most of our readers are vegetarian. They don?t eat meat, fish or eggs. Do you have facilities for vegetarian food near the popular tourist destinations?
The ultimate dining experience awaits you in Grapevine. With more than 200 restaurants, there are plenty of dining options to satisfy every appetite and budget. From upscale and trendy, to down-home and tasty, dining in Grapevine is a delectable experience. With Grapevine dining options, visitors not only find Lone Star favorites like steak, barbecue and cowboy cuisine – but can also choose from gourmet Grapevine restaurants preparing Italian, French, Mexican Southwestern and Pacific Rim selections. Several of the dining establishments also provide live entertainment each night.
3) Which are the websites in English that gives information about destination and various tourist attractions?
4) Do you find that Asian Indians visit often visit the destination that you represent?
Yes...it is much different than any other place they have experienced. Next month (April 10), Grapevine's Palace Theatre will also host a live performance called "East Meets West: An Evening of Indian Music & Dance".
5) Do you provide an online facility or blogging platform for visitors to leave their experience?
Guests are allowed the opportunity to leave comments on Grapevine's Facebook and MySpace pages; in addition, TripAdvisor.com is a popular site where guests leave comments about their experience in Grapevine.
6) What advertising & marketing method you use to reach out to potential tourists and investors? Which medium is the most effective medium?
We market and advertise through every outlet possible...television, radio, print (dailies, trade publications, newsletters, etc.), Internet, e-newsletters, blogs, social media, etc.
7) Has the current global economic downturn impacted the flow of tourists? How are you dealing with this situation?
Grapevine hasn't experienced a big downturn...Visitors (leisure and convention) continue to make their way to Grapevine to enjoy the quaint Southern charm, shopping, unique hotels, wineries, Grapevine Vintage Railroad, recreation, and more! We continue to hope for the best!
8)What does most visitors and guests enjoy the most when they visit your destination?
Guests really enjoy the good old Southern hospitality the city provides, in addition to the dining options, shopping, wine tasting, train rides, festivals, recreation, and the history of the city.
9) Are you using Wikipedia, Social Media Network & other Web2.0 tools to boost the flow of tourists?
Yes...Wikipedia, Twitter, Facebook, MySpace
10) What are the most popular festivals or events for general tourists?
Grapevine hosts an abundance of festivals and events; however, four are more popular than the others.
1. Blessing of the Vines and New Vintage Wine & Gallery Trail
2. Main Street Days - Outdoor adventure
4. Christmas Capital of Texas
11) Which are the websites for associations representing hotels, tour operations and travel agents?